Recently Resolved Issues
- April 2017 – Drop-down menu: In Discussions, the drop-down menu options (the chevron) does not open when using Google Chrome. Status: Resolved with June maintenance.
- April 2017 – Student Submission Notification Emails: Students are receiving submission notification emails that do not accurately reflect the name of the instructor and corresponding course. Status: Resolved with June maintenance.
- April 2017 – Grade Center: Instructors are unable to open individual student submissions in the Grade Center with the exception of the student who is listed first in the list of names. The vendor has stated this is a known bug and suggests viewing and grading student submissions from the Needs Grading section. Status: Resolved in May Release.
- July 2017 – zip file Upload Error: Some instructors have received errors when trying to upload .zip files to Course Documents. Status: Vendor has provided the following work-around:
- Go to the Course Documents -> Build Content -> Create -> Item
- Then in the Attachments section, click “Browse Content Collection” -> click “Uploaded files July 20 2017” to see the files list.
- Click “Show All” button at the bottom.
- Go to the top of the page, click the check box at the left of TYPE to select all items. Then Submit.
- April 2017- Discussion Boards not Sending Notifications: Instructors are not receiving notifications when students submit a post to a discussion board. Status: Pending Future Release
- April 2017 – My Grades: Students have reported that they cannot see all of their grades for Spring 2017 courses using My Grades on their Home Page. In the meantime, students can access grades by navigating to their individual course page and clicking My Grades. Status: The vendor has confirmed this is a bug in the system, but does not have a fix scheduled at this time.
- April 2017 – Announcements Error: Instructors have reported they are unable to view the announcements module and an error is displayed. Status: The vendor has confirmed this is a bug in the system. A fix was applied, however some instructors are still have issues.
- March 2017 – Edit Mode Turned Off: When an instructor accesses a course, edit mode is turned off and must be turned on manually. Status: This issue has been reported to the vendor. No solution has been reported at this time.
- January 2017 – Grade Center Quick Comment: Blackboard Support has verified that the Grade Center Quick Comment feature is not working. For more details please visit Blackboard’s Support page. Status: The vendor is aware of the problem, but does not have a fix at this time.
- Attachment Overwrite: An erroneous error message displays when using the attachment overwrite feature. Upon receipt of the error message, cancel out of the popup screen and the new version of the file will be updated as expected. Status: The vendor is aware of the problem, but does not have a fix at this time.
- Features not Displaying: This is due to the size of the browser window. Maximizing the screen, or hiding the left navigation menu, will resolve the issue for most users. If not, please adjust screen resolution and try again. Status: Pending Release on March 31, 2017
- Mediasite videos: When a user clicks on a video, they may be redirected to the home page. The vendors are actively working on a solution. Status: Pending Future Release
- Course Links: Instructors/TAs are unable to save the text description of these items. Blackboard is aware of the issue and is actively working on a resolution. Status: Pending Release